In July 2018, I enrolled in a monthly coaching membership program. My thought at that time was that I would give it a try for a month or two to see what it was all about.
Fast forward 19 months later and I am still enrolled, and still growing and learning!
It is startling to me when I reflect back on the amount of personal growth that has occurred in that time.
- I lost 20 lbs in the first 3 months and have stayed at my ideal weight since that time (for almost 1.5 years)!
- From 1-2 drinks per night, to drinking socially 1x every couple of months. I no longer have urges to drink alcohol. I can take it or leave it, which results in more time, better sleep, and more energy.
- From sleeping restlessly for 8-9 hours per night to sleeping deeply for 7-8 hours per night. Waking up energized every morning. Increased energy, better sleep, more clarity.
- Quitting all media which results in less negativity, and more reflection time.
- Making better use of my time, more productive on tangible results, rather than wasting time on overwhelm. Less overwhelm from to-do lists, with a better understanding of what’s important, and more focus.
- Boundaries established regarding overworking
Learning and Development:
- Growing my annual income by 4%.
- A new job in my area of expertise. Increased opportunities for training in areas such as agile practices, leadership development, continuous improvement, coaching, mentoring, mental health, and motivation.
- Started a new coaching business. Went from a negative spiral of worry and anxiety, to peace, calm, and clarity, and teaching others how to do the same.
- Earned my Lean Green Belt certification.
- Earned my Life Coaching certification.
- Better listening, more empathy, and increased connection.
- Better relationship with my mom.
- Parenting – according to my daughter, I am less grumpy! Funny girl. I definitely feel more intentional and connected in our time together.
Mental and Emotional Strength:
- From habitual negative self-talk to increased self-acceptance and compassion. Increased self-esteem, reduced judgment and negative self-talk
- Reduced people pleasing and perfectionism (which reduced guilt, frustration, anxiety, overwhelm, and negative spin).
- Reduced procrastination, increased focus, and became more decisive.
- Increased self-acceptance, personal responsibility, agency, with a less controlling mindset and less anxiety.
- Increased emotional management and resilience.
- Decreased anxiety, rumination, over-analysis paralysis, buffering with planning, passive action, and consumption vs creation. Less anxiety means more energy because rumination is depleting, whereas decisiveness is energizing.
- Increased self-confidence, I can handle most emotions. President of the local Toastmasters Club and enhanced speaking with confidence.
- Increased meditation, yoga, breathing, and significant reduction in my experience of stress and anxiety.
- Overall enjoyment of life has gone from about 40% to about 80%.
How did I do it?
- Prioritizing my self-care, I made an investment in myself.
- Studying and learning the thought management and emotional resilience tools. I now teach, and share these same tools with others .
- Receiving the support of my coaches and coaching peers.
- Daily practice.
- Recognizing that all of my problems start with my thoughts.
- Making this work a priority in my life.
- Recognizing that is a journey and not a destination.
Why Causal Coaching?
- Causal coaching starts with self-awareness, specifically thought awareness. Tackling problems at the root cause, i.e. at the thought/emotion, rather than at the symptom level, i.e. the behavior/result, ensures long-term, sustainable results.
- Tools to manage my thoughts. Most programs focus on behavior management, this program focuses on thought management and emotional resilience.
I am so grateful for the impact that coaching has had on my life. As I reflect back on the last two years, I am blown away by the amount of personal growth. I started out with a small goal that over time has blossomed into a full-blown transformation. And the beautiful thing is that I get to keep going, learning, and changing.
“If you are not changing it, you are choosing it.”
Do you need help getting started? Check out my POWER Productivity Program by scheduling a free coaching session today!