In 2018 I enrolled in a monthly coaching membership program. My thought at that time was that I would give it a try for a month or two to see what it was all about.
Fast forward 2 years later and I am still enrolled, still growing, and still experiencing profound transformation.
It is startling to me when I reflect back on the amount of personal growth that has occurred in that time.
- I lost 20 lbs in the first 3 months and have stayed at my ideal weight since that time!
- From 1-2 drinks per night, to drinking socially once every couple of months. I no longer have urges to drink alcohol. I can take it or leave it, which results in more time, better sleep, and more energy.
- From sleeping restlessly for 8-9 hours per night to sleeping deeply for 7-8 hours per night. Waking up energized every morning. Increased energy, better sleep, and more clarity.
- Quitting all media has resulted in less negativity and more reflection time.
- Making better use of my time, more productive on tangible results, rather than wasting time on overwhelm. Less overwhelm from to-do lists, with a better understanding of what’s important, and more focus.
- Boundaries established regarding overworking.
Learning and Development:
- Growing my annual income by 4%.
- A new job in my area of expertise. Increased opportunities for training in areas such as agile practices, leadership development, continuous improvement, coaching, mentoring, mental health, and motivation.
- Started a new coaching business. I went from a negative spiral of worry and anxiety, to a productive spiral of peace, calm, and clarity, and teaching others how to do the same.
- Earned my Lean Green Belt certification.
- Earned my Life Coaching certification.
- Better listening, more empathy, and increased connection.
- Better relationship with my mom.
- Parenting – according to my daughter, I am less grumpy! Funny girl. I definitely feel more intentional and connected in our time together.
Mental and Emotional Strength:
- From habitual negative self-talk to increased self-acceptance and compassion. Increased self-esteem, reduced judgment and negative self-talk
- Reduced people pleasing and perfectionism (which reduced guilt, frustration, anxiety, overwhelm, and negative spin).
- Reduced procrastination, increased focus, and became more decisive.
- Increased self-acceptance, personal responsibility, agency, with a less controlling mindset and less anxiety.
- Increased emotional management and resilience.
- Decreased anxiety, rumination, analysis paralysis, buffering with planning, passive action, and consumption vs creation. Less anxiety means more energy because rumination is depleting, whereas decisiveness is energizing.
- Increased self-confidence, I can handle most emotions. Became President of the local Toastmasters Club and enhanced speaking with confidence.
- Increased meditation, yoga, breathing, and significant reduction in my experience of stress and anxiety.
- Overall enjoyment of life has gone from about 40% to about 80%.
How did I do it?
- Prioritizing my self-care, I made an investment in myself.
- Studying and learning the thought management and emotional resilience tools. I now teach, and share these same tools with others.
- Receiving the support of my coaches and coaching peers.
- Daily practice.
- Recognizing that all of my problems start with my thoughts.
- Making this work a priority in my life.
- Recognizing that it is a journey, and not a destination.
Why Causal Coaching?
- Causal coaching starts with self-awareness, specifically ‘thought awareness’. Tackling problems at the root cause, i.e. at the thought/emotional level, rather than at the behaviour level ensures long-term, sustainable results.
- Tools to manage my thoughts. Most programs focus on behavior management; this program focuses on thought management and emotional resilience.
I am so grateful for the impact that coaching has had on my life.
As I reflect back on the last two years, I am blown away by the amount of personal growth. I started out with a small goal that over time has blossomed into a full-blown transformation.
And the beautiful thing is that I get to keep going, learning, and changing.
“If you are not changing it, you are choosing it.”
When you are ready to get started, book your free consultation.